All Students, Faculty and Staff may check out books from the CM Library's collection and request material from all Minerva and MaineCat libraries.
How to Check Out Books
After you find the material you would like to check out, take the material and your student ID to the Circulation/Information Desk. Someone there will check it out to you and let you know when the material is due back. If you have requested a book from another library, you will receive a notice in your CMconnect email (students) and CM email (faculty and staff) that the material is ready for you to pick up. Come to the Circulation/Information Desk and someone there will get the book and check it out to you. Please click here to review our Overdue & Billing Policy. (Please link to the “Overdue & Billing Policy” under “Policies” below)
You can check when your books are due and renew them using the “Renew Your Books” under “Quick Links” on the library homepage, or by clicking here.
- Go to “Renew Your Books”
- Under “Your Name” type in your first name. You do not need to enter your last name.
- Under “Your Patron Barcode” type in your 14 digit number from the back of your CMCC ID
- Click Submit
- Click on the “items checked out” line. All items you have checked out, including their due dates, are displayed on the screen.
- Click the checkbox on the left next to each item you would like to renew.
- Click “Renew Selected Items”
- On the next page, confirm you would like to renew the displayed items.
- A successful renewal will display all material you have checked out, with a “RENEW” status next to the items you have renewed, with the new due dates.
- Don’t forget to click “log out” once you are complete.
- Books – 3 weeks (3 renewals allowed)
- Audio / Video – 1 week (3 renewals allowed)
- Periodicals – Library use only
- Reference – Library use only
- Reserves – Circulation varies (see below)
- Other Minerva Books & Audiobooks – 3 week loan period with the possibility of one renewal for an additional two weeks
- Other MaineCat Books & Audiobooks – 4 week loan period with the possibility of one renewal for an additional two weeks
- Music, CDs, DVDs, & VHS – 1 week loan period with the possibility of renewal for an additional week
Some faculty place materials on reserve in the Library so that an entire class may have access to the same material without having to purchase it. Reserve materials may include books, articles, and media.