Applying for Veterans Education Benefits at CMCC
Central Maine Community College is approved by the Veterans Administration for the training of veterans and their dependents. Students who are eligible for education benefits through the VA are encouraged to complete the process to apply for benefits. To learn more about the different programs for veterans education benefits, please click on one or more of the links below:
To apply for education benefits, follow the steps listed below:
- You must complete the Application for Benefits. Apply for your benefits directly with the Veterans Administration through one of the following options:
a. Apply online (this is the method strongly encouraged by VA)
b. Call 1-888-442-4551 to have an application form mailed to you.
- Once the Veterans Administration has processed your application, you will receive a Letter or Certificate of Eligibility, indicating the status of your claim. A copy of this letter should be sent to the CMCC Certifying Official in the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Complete a CMCC Request for Certification of Veteran Educational Benefits. This form is used by the CMCC Certifying Official to collect important information needed to report your enrollment in a timely and accurate fashion to the VA.
- Once your Letter of Eligibility and Request for Certification have been received, and after you have registered for classes, the CMCC Certifying Official will automatically submit your enrollment information to the Veterans Administration for processing. If your benefit program includes a direct payment to the College for tuition and fees, the CMCC Business Office will be notified of your eligibility for benefits. If for any reason you do not wish your enrollment information to be reported to the VA, you should contact the CMCC Certifying Official.
- Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) – every month, veterans receiving benefits through the Montgomery GI Bill or Reserve Educational Assistance programs must verify their continued enrollment at the College. The WAVE system is used for this purpose. You can also utilize WAVE by calling 1-877-823-2378. Veterans receiving benefits through the Post–9/11 GI Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation do not need to participate in WAVE.
For additional information, please contact us:
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Central Maine Community College
1250 Turner Street
Auburn, ME 04210
Phone: (800) 891-2002, x273
Fax: (207) 755-5493
8:00am – 7:00pm Monday - Thursday
8:00am – 4:30pm Friday