Admissions Requirements for International Students
Central Maine Community College welcomes international students from around the world. Before an international student can attend Central Maine Community College, they must obtain an F-1 student visa. As part of the admissions process, international students must also provide a minimum TOEFL score of 71 (internet-based), 197 (computer-based), or 530 (paper-based) for admission or take the ACCUPLACER. To get an F-1 Visa, the College needs to submit a Form I-20 that indicates you have been accepted at CMCC, have the funds to attend, and have the language skills to be successful.
For us to prepare the I-20, you need to complete the following steps and provide the following materials:
- A properly completed Application for Admission and a non-refundable $20.00 application fee;
- Official academic transcripts professionally translated to English – we recommend using World Education Services (www.wes.org).
- TOEFL score or CMCC ACCUPLACER Placement Assessment scores.
- A CMCC Declaration of Finances form indicating sufficient funds to meet your educational and living expenses for a minimum of the length of the program as well as documentation to support you have the funding for each year your are enrolled.
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable $75 tuition deposit will need to be paid.
- We will need your current permanent foreign address as well as your United States address.
Please be advised of the following conditions that apply to F-1 students:
- You must maintain full-time student status (12-15 credits) at all times.
- Once accepted, if you plan to live on campus, apply and pay the housing deposit Housing Information
- Central Maine Community College does not provide financial aid so the costs of attendance are the students responsibility
*All fees may be paid via money order or over the phone with a credit card at 1-207-755-5219
Below are links that may be of interest to international students.
Office of Admissions
Central Maine Community College
1250 Turner Street
Auburn, ME 04210
Phone: (207) 755-5273
Fax: (207) 755-5493
8:00am – 7:00pm Mondays-Thursdays
8:00am – 4:30pm Fridays