Find Your Advisor
Getting to know your advisor as soon as possible after starting college will start you off on the right foot. Advisors not only help you with your schedule, they can help walk you through any issues you might be having, lend a helping ear, and guide you through the wonderful, but sometimes stressful, life of a college student.
How to Find Your Advisor
Your advisor depends on your program of study. If you're a General Studies student, your advisor will be located in the Learning and Advising Center in Jalbert 409. If you're in a different program of study, odds are your advisor is part of the program.
You can easily find your advisor on CMConnect using the following steps.
- Log in to CMConnect
- Click on the "Students" tab
What to Expect From Your Advisor
If you have been admitted (matriculated) full or part-time into a catalog program, you are assigned an Advisor. The primary role of the Academic Advisor is to guide you, the student, toward accomplishing your academic goals.
The primary functions of the Academic Advisor are to:
- meet with you to periodically to review your academic status and progress
- review and approve registrations for official enrollment with the Registrar
- review and provide advice on your plans for "Adding or Dropping" previously approved courses
- maintain "matriculation worksheets" based upon the program catalog requirements in effect in the first semester of the your enrollment; and
- refer you to appropriate College personnel when necessary