Students who believe that they’ve met or will meet the degree requirements for graduation must complete an Application to Graduate form and meet with their advisor to complete a graduation audit. Both application and signed audit must be returned to the Registrar’s office by the due date. Applications are available online (PDF) and from the Registrar's office.
Central Maine Community College provides three graduation points within the academic year:
||Last Friday in March
||Last Friday in July
||Last Friday in November
Requests for May graduation received after the last Friday in March will be considered only under special circumstances and may result in the late delivery of the award. All degree requirements, including transfer credit, must be completed and accepted by the College prior to the last semester of enrollment. The only exceptions are the courses in which the student is currently enrolled. Note: Any delay in the acceptance of transfer credit will result in delay of awarding the degree.
Students who are no more than 3 credits short of completing degree requirements and wish to participate in the graduation ceremony may do so if the student is enrolled for the required credits during the next term that the course or courses are available. In this case, the degree or certificate will be awarded at the end of the term when the required credits have been earned. If you are unsure of your standing, please visit your advisor. For information on requesting to graduate, please see below.
Request to Graduate Instructions
Dear potential graduate:
If you have completed, or expect to complete, your requirements for a Certificate, Diploma or Associate Degree this commencement year, you must complete the following in order to have your request reviewed and be eligible to graduate.
- Your academic records must be reviewed to verify that you meet program requirements in order to graduate.
- Meet with your academic advisor to review and verify that you have met all academic requirements to graduate (your advisor will need to sign both the Application and the Degree Audit forms). Any questions regarding degree requirements should be directed to your academic advisor.
- Return the completed Application and Degree Audit forms to the Registrar's Office by the application deadline (see below).
- If you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony in May, you will also need to be measured for your cap & gown in the Student Services Office.
MAY graduation requests must be submitted by the last Friday in March in order to be considered for graduation, whether or not you intend to participate in the graduation ceremony. Applications received after that date will be considered, but may result in the late delivery of the award and/or restricted participation in the graduation ceremony.
AUGUST graduation requests must be completed and submitted by the last Friday in July.
DECEMBER graduation requests must be completed and submitted by the last Friday in November.
To be considered for graduation, in addition to the above, you must:
- Complete the total number of credit hours with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Participate in College-wide or program-specific assessment activities.
- Meet the minimum residency requirements as outlined in your applicable College catalog.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
Graduation Ceremony Information
Request to Graduate