All students (full or part-time) who have been admitted (matriculated) into catalog programs are assigned an Advisor. The primary role of the Academic Advisor is to guide the student toward the accomplishment of her/his academic goal.
The primary functions of the Academic Advisor are to:
- meet with the student periodically to review her/his academic status and progress
- review and approve registrations for official enrollment with the Registrar
- review and provide advice on student plans for "Adding or Dropping" previously approved courses
- maintain "matriculation worksheets" based upon the program catalog requirements in effect in the first semester of the student's enrollment; and
- refer student to appropriate College personnel when necessary